Life's been good. A small sampling of recent and coming events:
- Amazing, can't put them down, make me laugh out loud books. I'm just sad that in 500 pages I'm out of reading material (so, Sunday, maybe)
- Binding the Scrappy Trip quilt. I mean, I don't like binding by any means, at least not the first part, but my blanket is practically a blanket. I feel like that wins at life.
- Baby nephew cuddles. He's so cute I'd even change a poopy diaper for the chance to hold him. I've changed a few diapers already, but none of them poopy.
- My niece's quilt is underway. Just barely started, but I began doing some of the piecing this week. This will be a long haul, really, and some of my math may have been a little short so I might need to order more fabric. Which is an excuse to get a few more things "for me", right? Or at least some basics?
- BBQ that doesn't suck. I'm not a fan of BBQ, really, but Bunny and my mom love it. Bunny's had a few things the last few weeks that aren't hamburgers/hot dogs/chicken wings though which makes summer eating more manageable for me.
- Odd visits with friends. Yes, I will come meet your great aunt if it means I have a chance to hang out with you.
- Rossi won Assen! Even after having the results spoiled this is still a huge thing to have been able to see. Rossi! Winning! For the first time in over two years.
- Cooking for other people. I've taken to making doubles of dinner and bringing them over next door, because I figure new parents need a break on the cooking, and it's always so rewarding to cook for other people. Especially when they rave about my cooking.