Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Stash - Squared Elements

These beauties I'm about to share are the last of the order of fabric I made last month that I've been slowly revealing. I try to make my dollars stretch, and fabric purchases have to come out of my allowance so unless I have a project that needs fabric NOW I try to limit myself to an order every other month or so and these are the last from my most recent splurge. And these Squared Elements I couldn't wait to get my hands on.


I'm pretty sure I love everything about Squared Elements. The simplicity of the colour/white patterns. The slightly wonky grid layout of the squares. And depending on whether the white is the grid or the background changes how the whole pattern comes off.

For the most part these were stashed with projects in mind.


Eggplant and lime are the primary colours in the quilt I plan to make for my bed in that one-day distant future, so I've been picking up prints I like in those colours whenever I see them. Purple's a favourite colour, and the bedroom is the only room Bunny will tolerate it, so purple was a must have. Why lime? I'm still not sure, other than the fact that I love the contrast a rich purple against a lighter green gives.

The others? Well, I've got my reds collection building up for my brother and the black was just stashing. Black/grey/white prints have been really drawing my attention lately and I think before I know it I'm going to have a lot of those in my stash. They're useful, though, and I loves them.


The effect of the whole stack is just delicious to me. Can't wait to get my hands on more of these beautiful blenders.

Linking up, once again, with the ever excellent Molli Sparkles and Sunday Stash. I can't wait to see what everyone else has to share.

Molli Sparkles

7 comments:

  1. Love your choices this week!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're favourites for sure. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love those squared elements! That eggplant color is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am starting a fabric pull for a block of the month with purple and lime! So cool! I think I will also be using turquoise, and I'm not sure what else. I had so much fun reading your last several posts--I was at the Creativ festival in Toronto in October and the lineup for the aquarium was HUGE, but it definitely sounds fun and I will have to take my husband and daughter sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous - I LOVE Squared Elements and keep wanting to buy it in every colour there is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, since these are Art Gallery, they feel so so great! They are so much fun to sew with, I'd say this is a fabric win for you! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete