Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

no, I didn't do that

So, I made these muffins yesterday. These fantastic oatmeal raisin muffins (recipe thanks to The Kitchn). I pulled a dozen out of the oven. I now have a muffin-less house.

Which is all to say that these muffins are so freaking good it is unreal. Bunny and I gobbled them up. I don't think I've ever made anything so perfect - they were moist and chewy and the only thing I might have changed was to add more raisins. They also had this crumble topping that was pure genius. Inspired.

And now, all I can think about is how good that base recipe would be with apples and caramel instead of raisins and brown sugar. Like, saute up a few diced apples to get them nice and caramelized, whip up a quick caramel sauce, and go to town with the same basic recipe.

Tonight's actually going to be a bit food-heavy.

Bunny is making rosemary-orange chicken for dinner, and I've got beets in the oven and mashed potatoes on the stove. So that will be pure yummy.

I've also been thinking of revisiting the Toll House cookie recipe tonight. And caramel corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment