Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

when cooking sucks

I am in a grumpy @ss mood tonight. Like stomping around, big frown on my face, closing cupboard doors with more force than necessary kind of grumpy mood. It's almost comical, except for the fact that I feel awful and poor Bunny's stuck dealing with my pissy mood.

On my way home from work tonight my mom texted to ask me to start making dinner for when she got home. No big deal, right? Except this time she asked for a very specific meal and it's one that I've told her I hate. She gets this nasty pork from Costco that's like souvlaki seasoned and it's honestly one of the worst things I've ever eaten. It's so aggressively overseasoned (not spicy just way way overseasoned) that I can barely gag down a bite or two. Of course that would have to be what she asked me to cook.

I've been a bit of a bitch ever since I finished putting the pork and potatoes in the oven. Making dinner is a lot of work when you're aren't even going to eat said dinner and then have to go out of your way to make a second dinner and you're already exhausted from making the first dinner and a full day at work. I don't have the energy to make two dinners in one night.

Instead I'm sitting here eating two or three Cheetos every fifteen minutes trying to convince myself that this counts as "dinner". Some nights it does, actually (that's the ultimate lazy meal, but one I'm not proud of.) Unfortunately I'm hungry, and I want real food and all I've eaten for days are sandwiches, which I'm not a big fan of to begin with, and I just want something that's edible, with substance, that's not based on sugar or bread or weird puffed out corn covered in neon orange powder.

My oh-so-productive plan for handling this? Sit here and pout about it, which obviously is not getting me anywhere. Some days I'm my own worst enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment