Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

happy things for Friday

Because I'm tired and it seems like a good way to round out a week, and it's been awhile I'm giving you happy things for your Friday post. Missing out on the roses is always so easy and I love focusing on the good for no other reason than I can.

  • Impromtu road trips, even if it's just to buy stuff for Bunny's models.
  • Progress on the crafting. I'm having fun and a decent amount has been done lately. 
  • Curling up with a good book, and having tea delivered while I'm reading. Nothing's quite as good as that, right?
  • Choosing exactly the right books at exactly the right time. There's nothing like the punch in the gut feeling of a fictional character telling you exactly what you needed to hear, or going through a situation you're struggling with.
  • The cats. Because they're both pretty cute. I like cute.
  • When old friends invite me to the post-wedding pig roast. How's that for celebration?
  • Starbucks hazelnut macchiato because I can never get enough hazelnut coffee. Almost as good as my preferred latte from Second Cup. 
  • Original artwork. Even though it's not hanging up, I love having it.
  • My handmixer that I'm almost loving more than the KitchenAid. It's not monster sized, which makes my life easy.
  • Having about half a dozen recipes I want to share. Sneak peak: crepes, gratins, cookies, stir fry.
  • Puppy snuggles, because they're always a favourite.
  • Back rubs in bed from Bunny.
  • Having a day at work. Last month was hard and I was stressed and frustrated the whole time. When the days are going well, it makes going in the next day that much more exciting.
  • Busy days in the kitchen.

4 comments:

  1. Puppy snuggles are the best! I've been pet sitting my aunt's puppy for the past week and although he's absolutely wired, once he calms down and allows you to pet him he's the cutest thing ever!

    YAY FOR HAPPY LISTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think puppy snuggles make it on every happy list I ever write ... but they are just that good!

      Delete
  2. Road trips, good books, tea (delivered to you!!), cats and good recipes all make for a great happy list.
    Hazelnut ice-cream is also delicious, I am so happy spring and summer are coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I forget hazelnut ice cream (or gelato)? Soooo good!

      Delete