- Cat cuddles. Moetzel snuggles me in bed, and Phoenix has been letting me pick her up more lately. It's so unusual and I'm adoring it.
- Valentino Rossi, on the podium! The Doctor back in racing form makes for extra exciting GP races this year and there's nothing like seeing this man come from behind - he made Qatar extra exciting, and I'm so excited to see how the rest of the season plays out. Only one more week until the Circuit of the Americas.
- Doctor Who. My favourite Doctor. Last week's episode was wonderful and I loved the Doctor's speech, and there's a new episode tomorrow. Yes, I am looking forward to that.
- Quilting things. Bunny took me to a quilting shop in a nearby town last weekend, and I picked up a couple of co-ordinating fat quarters to go on a quilt I'm planning for the future and I'm already daydreaming about it. Plus the quilt shop was really kind of awesome, and I think I'll enjoy going back in the future. I've also got all but two of my Scrappy Trip blocks done, and I'll be passing on the baby quilt next week.
- Dreaming about going to an improv class with George Clooney and Jack Black. That actually happened. Also I'm pretty sure George Clooney was teaching some class in a tower in my dream.
- Butterscotch blondies. I may have even improved upon my original recipe which is saying something. The rich butterscotch flavour in blondie form? Delicious.
- Putting up good numbers at work. It always puts me in a good mood. Also, getting co-ordinating schedules with my favourite coworker. Again, it makes for good moods.
- Flame. It leads to so many good things, and it's mesmerizing to watch.
- Coupons. Discounts on dinner, free concessions at the movie theatre ... everything's better with a coupon.
- Mesopotamia at the ROM, opening in June. It'll be a busy summer and I'm not sure when I'll fit this in, but I'm excited.
- Caramelized onions. I am in love with everything about them - the taste, the texture, the process, and the things you can do with them.
Friday, April 12, 2013
It's been a long week. A good week, but a long week and I'm out of intelligent conversation and book reviews (although I finished one more ... it just kind of isn't worth reviewing) and recipes so instead here's a list of things that are making me happy in my life. Because everyone likes to enter the weekend on a good turn.