Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

still tripping

Over the weekend I put the final stitch in block sixteen of the Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt I started back in January. Which was supposed to be the finish line but the fact is these blocks are addicting to sew. They're just easy straight sewing, and come together so beautifully that it's hard not to enjoy them. Plus, I had almost enough fabric left over to put together another four blocks and it was all in strips so it seemed just perfect to try and use it up. And then once I laid it out I really liked the idea of going a bit bigger, and Bunny agreed.

Which is how I ended up with another fat quarter, sewing away on block seventeen. It will probably be another two weeks now until these babies are done, which is just as well because it gives me some time to plot out my next project. My niece is next on the list, and I have a very clear idea what I want to do. I just need to plan out the blocks do up some math and figure out how much fabric I need to be buying for it.

I'm also trying to decide just how much money I'm willing to pay for batting for a living room throw blanket. My local quilt shop has some gorgeous wool and bamboo batting that I'm mooning over, but I can get cheap and decent batting for about a quarter of the price elsewhere. It is a dilemma. When I get around to making us a proper bedroom quilt I'll spend some money on the batting ... but this project I'm just not sure.

Speaking of bed quilts, I've also been slowly collecting fabrics for a project for Bunny and my bed. It's slightly mismatched, and I've decided on a colour palette of pinks/purples/blues for it and I'm trying to buy the fabric a little bit here, a little bit there.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see some pictures of your project!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures should be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks.

      Delete