That's ok though. It's nice to be in a not entirely bright mood and realize that really, the only thing holding me back is physical discomfort. When the rest of my life feels like it's in order I can live with that. Plus what better time to focus on all the awesome things in life than when things are just on a little downward spell?
So it's only fitting that I do a possies post. Here are just some of the things making me happy today:
- Having awesome, productive money talks where Bunny and I both come out being on the same page. Especially when we were both willing to compromise to get there.
- Reading metaphysics. Metaphysics lite, but still it's the most serious philosophy reading I've done in years and I miss spend hours thinking about the difference between something and nothing. My brain feels energized.
- Bonuses at work. Who doesn't love extra money? And even though for some reason Bunny likes to think of it as "my" money entirely (probably because it comes on gift cards rather than as cash), I don't. It makes it feel a little extra special when we buy Bunny something.
- Hot pink zebra print lounge pants. Self explanatory.
- Buying quilt batting for the baby quilt. I'm getting there, and I'm actually seeing a project through. It's exciting.
- Having frozen dinner options for when I don't feel up to cooking.
- Bunny's aunt is making me a blanket! We all know how I love blankets, and crochet is one thing I can't do plus my knitting skills stop at "scarf". Beyond which it makes me feel like real family.
- The sewing bag my mom got me for Christmas, because it's awesome and also useful.
- Decaf tea for after work, and hazelnut lattes on the weekend.