Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

one

Sometimes the moments we're proudest of are our quietest.

I've been very private about my wedding because to me, that's what it was: something intensely intimate and personal that Bunny and I did. This union that we entered into together. And we may have done it with a city hall ceremony that we had no control over, that we heard for the first time as it was being performed, with cookie cutter vows (a secular version of the same words couples have repeated to each other for generation upon generation), while we may not have had an immediate earth quake moment getting married was intimate, and vulnerable and really an intense personal transformation.

I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

We marry each other every single day, still. We will until we aren't around anymore.  Every day we help create and grow this relationship.

Today is one year from a random Thursday were we stood in front of a justice of the peace and promised everything. Some things explicitly, some implicitly. And so quickly, already, a year has gone.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so beautiful. I feel very similarly about my and my husband's own random, generic (and yet transformative) wedding ceremony, and the days that have followed it...Sometimes you only realise much later how truly special those quiet moments were.

    Happy Anniversary to you two. May you have many more days create and grow your relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! May this be just the first of many many more years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am glad you experienced it all in a way that was meaningful to the two of you - it sounds wonderful.

    I wish you many more years filled with life and love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!
    This is a beautifully written piece. Seriously :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, and I wish you many years of joy and happiness, love, adventures and special moments together!

    ReplyDelete