Pages

Thursday, January 05, 2012

little pieces of awesome

Lately there has been a lot of time, here. Time spent doing many things: writing and rewriting resumes and coverletters, sending them out. Bookmarking job listings. Following up with people, getting responses back, going to interviews. All good, job related things.

My life, though, is so much more than that. Just like I have never looked at a job, or a career, as defining me as a person (something I can't imagine ever happening, truly), being unemployed and looking for work does not define me.

The past week has been full of these little moments of amazingness and I thought I'd round up a few extra-awesome ones here. So here goes!

  • Cuddle time. Even when I'm not in the mood for it, it's one of the most important parts of my "work week"
  • Bunny kissing my forhead when I'm halfway asleep
  • Making butter. Squeezing fresh made butter in bare hands. It's one of the reasons I've always loved baking - getting your hands right in there. There's something very viscerally appealing about something so basic as butter.
  • Puppy snuggles
  • Slow dancing to Bright Eyes in my living room. Every time Bunny and I slow dance at home it brings to mind the most vivid memory of the first New Years Eve we celebrated together, and how we came home from Nathan Phillips Square and danced around in our itty bitty apartment. He was wearing his African man-skirt.
Of course, none of those (or even all of those together) give you a picture of what my life is, or who I am. But they get awfully close to describing some of the best moments of me in the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment