A couple of quilting notes to myself, for future reference:
- if the pieces don't fit exactly the size I need, it's still possible to make it work as long as there's a small seam allowance
- maybe I make my seam allowances too large (which is an expensive problem in the way of fabric waste)
- dressmaker's chalk pencils are amazing, and are so much more effective (and faster!) than masking tape for marking off fabrics with dark backings
- rotary cutters are amazing both for speed and accuracy
- my need for everything to match and have an exactly perfect pattern must be suspended. embrace the slightly chaotic
- next time check the back of the fabric. I will like myself so much more if it's a pale backing. For realz.