Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

cheating while cooking

It's stinking hot here. The last thing I want to do is turn on an oven, but I still like a warm meal for lunch. Given that I'm the only one home for lunch (unless I want to run over next door and have lunch with Momma Bunny, but she's usually pretty busy around lunchtime) I also don't want to put a whole lot of work into it.

Luckily, my mom has the best cheater's tool ever (Bunny and I have one too, but don't often pull it out). The George Foreman grill. All I have to do is ruffle through the crisper drawer, come out with some vegetables and whack them on the grill.

Seriously the easiest thing ever. I take a handful of broccoli and cauliflower florets, or a bunch of asparagus, and chuck them on the grill for ten minutes. Drizzle them with olive oil, or spread on a bit of butter, and grate up some parmesan cheese on them and they are a perfect side dish (or lunch).

It's also nuts how easy this is. I've been doing it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment