Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

roasted cauliflower florets

Today I'm hiding out, trying to catch up on some alone time. Reading a bit. Checking out job listings, writing cover letters for distribution later in the week. Nothing too fancy.

So obviously, it was also the perfect time to do a simple little lunch. Granted, this is no more fancy than my grilled asparagus, but it thrilled me. I got a little bit of healthy, little bit of buttery-crunchy-yummy, and a whole lot of full, happy belly.

This is a variation on what I actually wanted: fried cauliflower. That's just too indulgent, and rather too much work as well. We'll be honest here, I'm lazy. My preference would have been to add some parmesan to this, but I didn't have any. If you do, sprinkle with abandon.

I promise there is nothing to this recipe. Nothing. I almost feel like I'm cheating calling it a recipe. But I'm still going to. This serves one person, as a lunch, or perhaps two or three people as a side dish.

Roasted Cauliflower Florets

Ingredients:
  • 1 to 2 cups cauliflower florets (about a quarter head of cauliflower)
  • 1 to 2 tbsps butter (although you can certainly use margarine or olive oil, I like the butter flavour)
  • 2 to 3 tbsps bread crumbs (mine came pre-seasoned, if yours don't add a little salt and whatever else you like to this)
  • 2 to 3 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional, but amazing)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
  2. Arrange cauliflower in a casserole dish. Place small pats of butter on each floret. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
  3. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes. If using parmesan, sprinkle on with about 10 minutes bake time remaining, so it doesn't burn.
  4. Eat!
Seriously. That simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment