Pages

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

new year

Happy New Year!

I know a lot of people do a "year in review" type post around now, either going through the highlights and lowlights of the year or giving a month by month recap. That's not really my things, but 2012 does deserve some sort of recognition and send off.

Some of the moments of the year I wouldn't trade for anything. Getting married, if nothing else, made the year worthwhile. A lot of things I could have done without. (I could have done with a lot less death and loss, and I'm quite happy that a year that contained more of that than I've seen in my life is over.)

It's the year where the world didn't end, and turning on the news made me cry for the first time in a decade. It was a year of more change than I really had any clue how to handle.

It's not a year that's easily summed up, but if I had to try what I'd say is this: 2012 has been the most challenging year in my life, and has forced me to grow in ways I never knew I could. I would never want another year like it, but there was magic.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you magic and love and happiness and dreams fulfilled in 2013.
    And that the sadness stays behind.

    ReplyDelete