Pages

Friday, March 09, 2012

Moments of Insecurity and Laughter

So there was a job interview recently. (These exist in my life, yes. They make me very happy when they occur.) After I got the call to come in, the first thing I did was get on the phone with Bunny and squeal. Good news needs sharing, he's the first person I want to share with and when the news is that good the first person who hears it generally gets a squeal.

This is not a post dedicated to me admitting to being a squealer, I promise. (But I am one.)

Later that evening when Bunny came home, we naturally talked more about the interview, and the company. I told him how excited I was. He told me how excited he was for me. Then because I'm shallow I started talking about what I was going to wear (the new suit, of course). Bunny, bless his soul, wanted to continue along the shallow route.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but you should really get your uh, lip waxed before you head over there tomorrow."

Natural reaction: pout. So of course I pouted and whined and teased him. Then once I was done being a snotty whiner, I laughed my ass off.

I have hair on my upper lip. I'm pretty sure most women do. Mine's more obvious than I'd like, but I've always thought it was not that bad. At the end of the day, I don't have crippling upper-lip-hair fear. It doesn't cause me social anxiety (although maybe according to Bunny it should?) Let's scratch that thought, though, and just admit it:

I have a moustache.

And if anyone's going to tell me to go get it waxed, it had better be Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment