Pages

Friday, October 05, 2012

autumn in the air

September is slipping through my fingers faster than I even know how to account for. The first full month of my married life has passed, my favourite season has officially started, and as much as I hate the cooler weather there are some awesome benefits. Somehow my bank account isn't keeping up with projected numbers, but certain planned expenses had to occur earlier than anticipated.

Fall life has been busy. There's been work, and so many errands, Bunny leaving for his first camping trip as a married man. The quilting project is slowly starting to take shape, as is my newest cross stitch. I'm half way through a big, complicated mess of beautiful novel that I'm not even sure how I'm going to review. (So far: sci fi, a WOW ripoff, a team of hackers, Russian mobsters and a terrorist organization have all played major roles. And we're not even at the halfway point.) Unfortunately one thing that's fallen a little to the wayside is this blog: usually I have a week's worth of posts scheduled in advance, to be supplemented by whatever ramblings I feel the need to share with the universe. I have some more meaty ones planned for the near future, but finding the time to sit down and actually write them has been hard.

I'm starting to drag out my tights from the basement to pair with the pile of dresses that I can't wait to transition to fall. Because the heat is so fleeting I appreciate every drop of sunshine all the more.

In that past couple of days my KitchenAid has started to beckon from the kitchen counter. The heat has dropped to the point where turning on the oven seems like a good idea, as I proved the other night when I broke out home made macaroni and cheese for the first time in almost six months. I`m looking forward to a winter filled with soups and roasts and big beautiful baked dishes.

What`s your favourite part of fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment