Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

kitchen woes

Sometimes, my kitchen drives me nuts.

It's not so much that it's small, with limited counter space. That's not actually a problem for me, as I tend to exclusively use the space covered by the wooden cutting board and a six inch space beside it. The space frustrates me more in how it limits appliances and bakeware ... the KitchenAid stand mixer I lust over would take up so much space I'd end up loathing it, but really, I can live without the mixer.

It's more the gaps in our tools and bakeware. For example, I don't have a mandoline, or an extra large dutch oven ... those I can live without. It's the bakeware that really drives me nuts, since bakeware is what I use. I don't have beautiful serving dishes, or a gratin pan, and I don't have a square cake pan.

Or a 9 x 13 rectangular baking dish. This one drives me nuts. That, and not having a proper pie pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment