Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

big mess of mess

Today was good, other than the fact that I can't get the damn work situation off of my mind.

Bunny and I had a bit of a day out in the city. Luckily the weather was nice, because we spent the majority of the day out of doors, walking around Kensington Market. We picked up a couple of cheeses from Global Cheese - a nice stinky blue for him, and a creamy brie for me. So we'll be enjoying those over the weekend.

I'm surprised I don't spend more of my shopping time in Kensington, actually, because it's pretty perfect. I love the mix of what you find there. Great thrift and vintage stores, little boutiques, weird jack of all trade places (Blue Banana or whatever its called? That place is crazy nuts!), stores that are very new agey and I think I should drag my mom to (that's her thing), skateboard shops, the works. And then, if you get bored or aren't finding the deals you want, hop over a couple of streets to Chinatown.

Then, of course, there's the FOOD. Kensington is full of food. Coffee shops, restaurants, bakeries, cheese shops, chocolate shops, independent grocers with beautiful produce, fishmongers. Actually, the first time Bunny ever took me out anywhere it was to Kensington where we had the worst Pad Thai I've ever had, and I told him how freaking awesome Jose Saramago's Blindness was. (And I'd have that Pad Thai again for the nostalgia factor.) Within a couple of blocks there is Thai, Indian, Mexican, vegan - you can find almost anything food-wise in Kensington. Including, apparently a shop dedicated to grilled cheese. (Next time!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment