Easy Spinach & Parmesan Pasta. It's practically cheating.
Ingredients (approximate amounts based on a Bunny-and-Sheryl sized serving, no leftovers)
- Pasta - two handfuls or so of penne or rotini
- Big pot of salted (oceany) water
- Three handfuls baby spinach
- About a half cup of parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add more salt than you think you should.
- Cook pasta according to package directions (usually about 7 - 9 minutes for penne or rotini)
- Put a big heaping handful of spinach in a mixing bowl - you should probably think you have too much spinach. Then forget about it for now.
- When the pasta's done, drain it and pour the pasta over the spinach. Cover with some sort of lid (a plate, the lid from your stockpot) and let rest for two or three minutes. This allows time for the heat of the pasta and the steam trapped by the lid to wilt the spinach.
- Remove the lid, stir the pasta until spinach is evenly distributed throughout
- Plate your pasta
- Grate parmesan overtop to taste
Now I'm off to a lunch out and my first bridal apparel appointment, and home to a big cooking project.