Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2012

ack? disaster?

I kinda went crazy in the kitchen today. Bread machine bread. Chocolate mousse (delightful). Broccoli cheddar soup.

The sad thing is the soup did not make me happy, and it is kind of overshadowing the rest. It's grainy, rather than smooth and creamy, and I am finding the broccoli taste very weak.

My thought is that it's one of a few things:
  • the soup was made from frozen broccoli stalks + 1 full head, maybe not the best idea
  • no blender, and I've never been happy with how a processor handles soups
  • not enough broccoli
We'll have another go later, I'm sure. Although for me to get a chance to make this soup is unusual: it's actually a Bunny specialty, and it's usually off limits to me (since he has relatively fewer specialties).

No comments:

Post a Comment