Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

literary crack

First, let me say that the lemon cake I linked? In the oven. It still blows my mind how quick and easy it is to throw things together with the KitchenAid.

Second, I have a confession. I'm currently addicted to the Hunger Games trilogy. I've yet to read Mockingjay, but I devoured the other two books each in the course of a day. Now I'm just trying to convince myself to see if I can find Mockingjay at the library, as opposed to plunk down twenty bucks for it.

The plots are well thought out, fast moving and drag you along with them. The characters are, for the most part, flawed and multi-dimensional. The supporting characters have a tendency to be incredibly under-developed but it doesn't so much hurt the action: it all goes on inside Katniss' head, so as long as she's developed and coherent the rest rather works. And they are crack. I cannot put them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment